[Company] Weekly Operations Update 40/2009

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Thu Oct 15 05:45:05 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,
about last week:

---1 work with our manufacturer almost finished
After going through some final details with our manufacturer and vendors, I
think we are ready for production of the Ben NanoNote.

---2 OpenPandora & WikiReader
In other 'open hardware' projects, OpenPandora has passed CE testing and will
start their production run soon, and our friends at Openmoko have released
the WikiReader device. With both of those projects I am actually not sure how
open the hardware design and development process is, I will check it out soon.
The emphasis for our project here at Qi Hardware will remain on a truly open
and collaborative hardware design process, similar to what gta02-core is
doing. I believe it's the only way to fix the lack of hardware continuity in
consumer electronics.
Anybody, whether you have an electrical engineering background already or are
interested to learn, is welcome to join our efforts at
projects.qi-hardware.com/p/board-qi-avt2, or to help with even better
documentation on our wiki.

There is little progress all over the place, but I'll post about it when
it's all done and at a usable point :-)
cu next week,
Wolfgang