no xburst repo in openwrt?

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Sat Oct 24 09:04:45 EDT 2009

Well dont wait for the full tutorial (I have to edit the pictures yet)
here is the intructions to make ben connect to internet though usb I
use an Ubuntu 9.04 386 machine as host
follow this

http://wiki.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ethernet_over_USB

then
on Ben:
give a password to root be able to ssh to it
$ passwd

now you can follow this instructions on a ssh  console to Ben on host
on Ben:
$ route add default gw 192.168.3.1
$ echo "nameserver (ip of a DNS server here)" >> /etc/resolv.conf
I use an internal DNS server 192.168.2.1 but you can use any DNS server

on Host as root:
# modprobe iptable_nat
# echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

and "voilà"! your Ben conected to the outside world

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions
Openmoko, Openpandora,  Arduino