about MPD client.

Maurus Cuelenaere mcuelenaere at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 08:07:04 EDT 2009

Op 27-10-09 12:55, developer-request at lists.qi-hardware.com schreef
> Hi
>
> I search a little bit about mpd client, seems the 'ncmpd' is fit Ben NanoNote
> in terminal mode.
>
> http://www.openmobilefree.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ncmpc_1.JPG
> http://www.openmobilefree.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ncmpc_2.JPG
>
> do you have any advice about the gtk mpd client?
>
> here is some info about the mpd client
> MPD Client
> Ario
> 	A GTK2 client for MPD (Music player daemon).
>          Ario is a GTK2 client for MPD (Music player daemon).
>          The interface used to browse the library is inspired by
>          Rhythmbox but Ario aims to be much lighter and faster.
>          Ario runs on both Linux and
>          Microsoft Windows operating systems.
> plasma-mpc 0.3
> 	Requirements:
> 	? Running MPD server
> 	? MPC ( MPD command line client)
> 	? Running KDE4 Session + Plasma
> Quimup 0.3.5
>          Requirements:  ? Qt
>
>          Quimup software is a client for the music player daemon
>          (MPD) written in C++ and QT3.
>          The clean interface makes controlling MPD's many features easy and intuitive.
>
>          The focus is on mouse handling:
>         	playlist management is done entirely by drag-&-drop;
> 	playback functions are directly accessible from
> 	the system tray. Quimup turns MPD into a perfect desktop music player.
> MGC
> 	Requirements: ? GTK+ 2.4 or higher
>
> 	MGC is a small GTK2 MPD client written in C.
> 	It's pretty simple, as it only shows buttons to control MPD,
> 	so it goes quite well with for example torsmo on the desktop to show MPD's info,
> 	and MGC to control it. It doesn't use up much memory,
> 	and it's pretty fast, because it's written in C.
> skMpd
> 	Requirements: ? SuperKaramba
>
> 	skMpd is a Music Player Daemon (mpd) client for superkaramba. This is my first one.
> 	If you have any comment, I would like to have them. Thanks.
> Sido
> 	A mini MPD client
> 	Sido is a mini GTK+ application that discretely fits into your
> 	freedesktop system tray (such as trayer). Its purpose is to remote
> 	control MPD (Music Player Daemon) and monitor its status.
> 	Sido should run on any POSIX operating system, having a freedesktop aware trayer.
> Evad
> 	Evad is a text-based client to the powerful MPD music server.
> 	It is written in Python and curses,
> 	it is heavily inspired by the similar ncmpc client that I have been using for a few years.
> 	Ncmpc, however, is barely maintained nowadays, and I was lacking a few
> 	functions that I wanted. Therefore development of Evad started,
> 	and it incorporates many of the design ideas that ncmpc has,
> 	but with those extra features that just make life easier.
> 	Requirements: ? ncurses ? Python 2.5 and above
>

> here is a mail form Mirko Vogt about the Ario:
> Hey Xiangfu,

> [...]

Rockbox is a firmware written for DAPs (Digital Audio Players), but can
also be compiled as simulators (which run on SDL).

There are some ideas for RaaA (Rockbox as an Application) and someone
has ported a simulator for Motorola phones IIRC, so perhaps this could
be useful? (Rockbox runs on devices with resolutions ranging from 112x64
to 640x480; including charcell, monochrome and colour targets).

Regards,
Maurus Cuelenaere