Developer utilities

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:50:08 EDT 2009

Hi

My Ben has arrived yesterday, thanks a lot guys for this new toy, Is really
nice, I was waiting for a bigger device, but ben is very thin and cute.

At present I'm working in build the tools, u-boot, kernel, and openwrt. I'm
working on my board ECB_4725, I'm using the available tools at [1]. I can
build and upload u-boot and the kernel image using usbboot tool, and I get a
kernel panic :). You can see some pictures of this simple board in [2], Is a
very cheap 2 layer boards, but we can develop many interesting applications
on It, Coming soon  I will create one page on [1] for this board.

I have some observations about the new Qi and the Ben nano.

1. From the kernel and u-boot developers point of view will be usefull, if
we have access to a RS232 interface, as Wolfgang said some days ago, many
software people don't have the technical background for make a pcb for a
rs232-3.3V converter.

2. I don't like the usboot connection on ben, I think that the switch added
for Adam is better for this option.

[1] http://projects.qi-hardware.com/
[2] http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/hacking/ECB_4725.jpg

Best Regards