(matrix_keypad driver) Re: qi_lb60_keypad driver question?

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu.z at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 22:50:04 EDT 2009

Hi Dmitry
Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> Hi,
> Historically our KEY_* definitions did not include defines for symbols
> like '@' because they do not have a dedicated key but rather being
> produced as a combination of a primary key + modifier; the mapping is
> done either in console driver or in X.
>
> Looking at the picture of the device that you provided it appears that
> your device does not have a dedicated '@' key so it should work in the
> same fashion as above.

since we don't have X now. I google about this. I don't know how to
modify the console driver. can you tell me which file I need look
into? thanks.

I found an another method. we use busybox in rootfs. the busybox have
command [dumpkmap] [loadkmap] [showkey],

-----------
in host system run :
/usr/bin/dumpkeys > normal_keymap
/usr/bin/loadkeys funky_mini_keyboard_keymap
/usr/bin/busybox dumpkmap > funky_mini_keyboard_keymap.bin
/usr/bin/loadkeys normal_keymap

then in target system run
"loadkmap funky_mini_keyboard_keymap.bin"
-----------

in our device have a two special keys
[RED UP POINT] keycode is 94
[QI] keycode is 93

the loadkeys alwasy like:
compose '|' 's' to '$'

how to write the keycode to the loadkeys file.

I just found this method yesterday. not test yet.
anyone have experience on this?

thanks for advice

--
Best Regards