qi-avt2 new features

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 18:58:13 EDT 2009

I was thinking about new qi-avt2 features, specially power consumption and
SDRAM memory size.

1. The current design qi-avt2 use a keyboard that use a whole layer, We will
use this space if we use a capacitive keyboard with a cypress controller, In
the past we use [1], with our ARM board and we program the cypress chip with
the processor GPIOs. Whit this, we have enough space to place another SDRAM
chip on qi-avt2, and we will have up to 128MB of SDRAM, enough for many
applications.

2. I prefer use a light sensor for controlling the LCD brightness and detect
if the device is close.

3. I was thinking in the possible use of a FPGA in the design, I think that
this FPGA would provide some peripherals like PWMs, for servo controlling,
There are an open project that we can use with it [2]. Or drive an analog
acquisition card for experiments like [3]

[1] http://m8cutils.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://www.vernier.com/physics/

Carlos