some updates "from behind the scenes"

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Tue Sep 8 09:26:20 EDT 2009

Mirko,

> All in all I just noticed, that the LCM just doesn't keep dark (but
> turning white) when switching the device on and the usbboot-pins are
> short circuited.

Sure we got that (also see my mail).
It's too bad we cannot test whether you can still normally initialize
and use the LCM in that case. We would have to load a Linux kernel
into memory and execute it right there, see whether the LCM comes up.
But you probably only go to USB boot mode to reflash, then reboot
the device? So you never need the LCM when booting over USB boot.

Like I said, I cannot reproduce this bug on my device here.
We need to watch it...
Wolfgang