Manuals (Re: [Company] Weekly Operations Update 36/2009)

W.G. van de Hulst suyckerbol at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:02:52 EDT 2009

2009/9/9, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at qi-hardware.com>:
> Ingenic gave us explicit permission to redistribute a number of their
> manuals without NDA. They have also spent a lot of time updating their
> documentation in recent months.
That's great news.

> Still, as of right now, we got the following updated manuals (SIMD is
> still missing, working on it...):
I wait with bated breath...

> Jz4720 Data Sheet, Rev 1, Jun 2008, 37 pages
> Jz4740 Data Sheet, Jun 2007, 35 pages
> Jz4740 Programming Manual, July 22, 2009, 539 pages
Does this mean there is no specific Jz4720 Programming Manual? In
other words, is the Jz4740 Programming Manual the official reference
for the jz4720?

> Jz4750L Data Sheet, July 17, 2009, 37 pages
> Jz4750L Programming Manual, July 14, 2009, 570 pages
Is this related to the mysterious jz4757 chip ([1])? I don't think
it's a simple updated jz4750 or it wouldn't have received its own tree
in the Ingenic Linux kernel.

[1] http://forum.eepw.com.cn/thread/155995/1