Lattice or Xilinx

Florian Fainelli florian at openwrt.org
Thu Sep 10 02:00:21 EDT 2009

Hi Carlosm

Le jeudi 10 septembre 2009 05:12:30, Carlos Camargo a écrit :
> Hi
>
> As you know, we are planning add a FPGA to the new Nano. I want to start a
> discussion about what is the best family for nano, what I care about is:
>
> Power consumption
Actel is afair the leader on that specific topic, but with much smaller FPGAs.

> Size
If talking about PCB size, Lattice also provides really small BGA-packaged
FPGAs (like 5x5 mm),

> Free tools for programming / configuration

As far as I know, only Xilinx provides free tools for Linux. Lattice and
Altera do for Windows, but for Linux.

--
Best regards, Florian Fainelli
Email: florian at openwrt.org