first thoughts re Nanonote

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Thu Sep 10 02:46:25 EDT 2009

Ron,
thanks a lot for your feedback!
Added to the Ya product page at
http://www.qi-hardware.com/products/ya-nanonote/

> > [future] Touch sensitive screen would
>     be a huge win.

Even though it's a clamshell and has a keyboard?
Resistive or capacitive?

> > [future] adding an FPGA would be a
>    significant differentiator.

Yeah many people agree with that. We just have to be clever in how
the FPGA is hooked up in the system and can drive peripherals.
The connections are more important here than the number of gates,
for example.
Which use cases do you have in mind?

> > [just noodling] NN and Ardurino
>    might (??) be used together in creative ways

Definitely agree, hopefully we find someone with Arduino experience to help
us identify those 'creative ways' how the NanoNote can work with an Arduino
board.
Just putting an AVR controller on the NanoNote PCB and running Arduino
programs on the NanoNote (for example) doesn't sound right to me.
The NanoNote should not replace Arduino, but complement it. Maybe a mobile
Arduino development device?

Best Regards,
Wolfgang