first thoughts re Nanonote

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Thu Sep 10 04:34:05 EDT 2009

2009/9/10 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at qi-hardware.com>:
> Ron,
> thanks a lot for your feedback!
> Added to the Ya product page at
> http://www.qi-hardware.com/products/ya-nanonote/
>
>> > [future] Touch sensitive screen would
>>     be a huge win.
>
> Even though it's a clamshell and has a keyboard?
> Resistive or capacitive?

Resistive please :), more precision and wide stylus offers out there
(also a teeth wood stick from a bar ;P )

>> > [future] adding an FPGA would be a
>>    significant differentiator.
>
> Yeah many people agree with that. We just have to be clever in how
> the FPGA is hooked up in the system and can drive peripherals.
> The connections are more important here than the number of gates,
> for example.
> Which use cases do you have in mind?
>
>> > [just noodling] NN and Ardurino
>>    might (??) be used together in creative ways
>
> Definitely agree, hopefully we find someone with Arduino experience to help
> us identify those 'creative ways' how the NanoNote can work with an Arduino
> board.
> Just putting an AVR controller on the NanoNote PCB and running Arduino
> programs on the NanoNote (for example) doesn't sound right to me.
> The NanoNote should not replace Arduino, but complement it. Maybe a mobile
> Arduino development device?
Just put an usb connection in host mode, main arduino boards (Mega,
Duemilanove, Nano...) has an usb interface
NanoNote can be a good "brain" or an HMI(Human Machine Interface) for
the arduino boards