Manuals (Re: [Company] Weekly Operations Update 36/2009)

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Thu Sep 10 06:46:30 EDT 2009

Hi,

> That remark was equally in jest. It's nice to have those instructions,
> but not essential.

OK got it. In that case I suggest we wait until we have a real need.
There is a lot of stuff out there already to use as a starting point.

> I was thinking about Rockbox to get my feet wet. That project has its
> own web site. In fact I'm searching for something even smaller and
> simpler still, such as Contiki or Nuttx to minimize the amount of C
> code and to get as far as possible away from the usual red tape.

Got it and sounds good. Keep us posted. Simple computing is the best!
Which Rockbox site do you mean?

> The number suggested a certain progression towards 4760, the one I really want.

Yes sure we all do. Maybe we will do a 4760 reference design or reference
product with Ingenic, we will see. First we need to get the NanoNote ball
rolling...

> I understand Linux is important, but not to me.

I was working on another product recently that used the toppers/jsp
kernel, using the ITRON APIs. Interesting stuff, someone should build
a device around that...
Also Bas has his capabilities kernel project. Let me know which kernel
or microkernel you end up running eventually...

Wolfgang