flash player on MIPS

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Thu Sep 10 21:14:50 EDT 2009

Rakshat,
is xiptech free software?

My first idea would also be gnash, but last time I checked it was seriously
behind Adobe, and falling further behind.
Of course the problem is also that Adobe keeps investing in more and more
closed technology, so chasing them is kind of hard.
One random example from many: Adobe is using their own proprietary back-end
for LLVM (a BSD-style licensed compiler that companies like Apple, Nvidia,
Adobe prefer over GCC), so even if they release source codes, you still
cannot produce binaries with matching performance :-)

Still, anyway, I'd say the long road starts with gnash.
Or free formats right away, not Flash.

Wolfgang