Ben NanoNote booting

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at qi-hardware.com
Sun Sep 13 19:06:40 EDT 2009

Ron,
you need one with level shifter, because the NanoNote serial operates
at 3.3V. I am using FTDI TTL-232R-3V3-WE, Mouser has them.
'WE' stands for wire-ended.
Another option is TTL-232R-3V3-2MM, which ends in a 2mm connector.
To be more flexible, you should not solder the cable directly to the
NanoNote, but instead solder some thin wires to the NanoNote and then
connect those to your cable in whatever way is most convenient to you.

Another way to get a serial console for kernel development is the
g_ether approach Carlos suggested...
Wolfgang