QI_AVT2 V1.0 Board

Adam Wang adam at qi-hardware.com
Fri Sep 25 06:03:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> Adam Wang wrote:
>
>> [4]
>> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/hardware/qi_avt2/v1.0/report/photos/whole_set.jpg
>>

> Yi Zhang wrote:
>
>> However, our ESD test for CE certification has failed. The problem is on
>> USB connector. It is not grounded, close to the power button, therefore
>> easy to produce static, the lab engineer has told me. The engineers of
>> our vendor are working on the solutions.
>>

> Hi Adam.
> the USB host, USB device, headphone all at the right side.
> is it will have problem on the CE certification ??

The probability is pretty high, this version is trying to keep the same
Ben's board outline and most components' layout; so we focus
the functionalities on usb host, little features-added and new die's
layout shape firstly, not reliability-oriented this time. But from Yi's
report,
the ways proposed to eliminate failure must be added-in if it only
change components; for additional ESD or EMI parts added on new design,
will always be the trade-off and design-in stuff between limited board
space and parts placement (different classification of signals arranging).

This avt2 v1.0 is facing compression effect caused by new added-on parts
without changing pcb layers and outline, it has met risks already. but
it's worth
to have this prototype first. so we still need s/w can help us to find
out that if any defects behind.
> (I just mention that, I am not good at hardware :-)

ha, me too; especially on linux software. :-)
> how many people like the usb_host_connecter at the left side?
> thanks for advice

I don't know either.
Hope any comments to be proposed.
Adam