stuff we should port to the NanoNote

Mirko Vogt lists at nanl.de
Tue Sep 29 15:05:28 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 22:49 -0500, Carlos Camargo wrote:
> Hi
Hey

> I'm thinking in some stuff we should port to Nano:
Most of them are already.
The main repository for official non-base packages is located here:
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages
> getty: We can use getty to create a serial console when we use
> g_serial
getty is already part of busybox which is used as userspace environment
by OpenWrt.
> octave: GNU Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for
> numerical computations.[1]
This isn't indeed, bust at least most of it's dependencies are already
ported, so it should be quite easy.
> mp3 player: curses based mp3 player  like [2], [3]
There are quite some, but, as Wolfgang already said, mp3/mp4 might not
be the format of choice.
However there are some nice ogg/vorbis players within the OpenWrt repo
as well.

> These tools are text based, so, I think is not difficult add them to
> openwrt, and we can provide some extra-functionality to Nano.
>
> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/
> [2] http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/hmp3.html
Uh, written in haskell - recalls my 1st semester of computer science ;)
> [3] http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~wburdick/gamp/#shots
Might be an option; e.g. mpd and various frontends, madplay, etc. are
already ported and might be capable of doing what you have in mind.

> Carlos
mirko