Does SAKC meet current Copyleft guidelines?

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 08:30:45 EDT 2010

> > Yes all true.
> > First we need to make SAKC stronger technically. Right now we only have 3
> > manually assembled and brought up boards. Carlos has fixed several bugs,
> > and more work is needed, on the hardware and software side.

Completely agree, we make some work on SAKC for make it a stable  platform

>  > After that, one idea is that instead of Sharism, Tuxbrain will market
> > SAKC. I think Carlos owns the SAKC trademark, so that needs to be
> clarified
> > between Carlos and Tuxbrain. Tuxbrain has a good marketing base for SAKC,
> > and will continue to build it up this year.
> > Sharism would offer whatever help Tuxbrain wants, if we go down this
> route.
> > Sharism can help with sourcing, small and large production runs,
> logistics.
> > But SAKC will not be a brand (and product) that Sharism brings to market.

Is fine for me, I think that Sharism have a lot experience on hardware
manufacturing, this is very important if you want to make a commercial
product, The Asian manufacturer market is the perfect place to build
electronic devices, but you need to know the market, meet with a lot of
people make good relationships between suppliers manufacturers. Sharism
already make the work for us :) and they are working on that.

About the SAKC "trademark", I can transfer this trademark to Sharism if they
accept, is not a big deal for me. My goal with SAKC is provide a tool for
hardware hackers, an open hardware tool, I want that the developing
countries using this board as a Knowledge transfer channel. There are a lot
of  "open hardware" projects around the world, but there is not a really
 knowledge transfer or technology transfer behind them, many of them use the
word "open" just as market strategy, in several cases the knowledge transfer
is limited to how use the device, or how programm the device, but they not
share informationa about how build or modify the device. SAKC and NANONOTE
will be a really open hardware / Software projecs. For me SAKC is a NANONOTE
complement, is the NANONOTE version for Hardware hackers/developers.

> Sharism's first product is the Ben NanoNote, we have launched it and we
> > still have big plans with it. After that there are several ideas floating
> > around for Sharism's next (copyleft hardware) product:
> >
> > *) Ya NanoNote
> > *) OpenStreetMap device
> > *) phone
> > *) Milkymist One (need to work on case)

Of course, I want to help and join these projects :)

> I think SAKC belongs more to the Free Hardware / DIY / Development
> realm than plain costumers, this is a terrain Tuxbrain fells
> comfortable and we will be glad to promote and include in our catalog,
> of course we are in very early stages and a lot of maths has to be
> done, of couse if Carlos agree,

Is perfect for me, as I said I want to spread the SAKC NANONOTE and make a
strong community around these (and future) products.

so I thing Qi must maintain his own
> simple basic principles, CC information for production, GPL sofware
> both on production and inside the device, and comunity driven. Any
> piece of hardware fulfilling this goals should be admited as Qi
> Hardware , independly if sharism wants to manufacture/comercialize it
> or not.

Completely agree, Qi is a perfect example of Training / education facility
the wiki is a powerful tool for spread the knowledge behind the Software and
hardware development.

Carlos

--
Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño