My first hardware mod/or how to mutilate a Ben (serial port)

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Thu Apr 8 22:42:58 EDT 2010

Hi David,

>> Great job!!!
> Not bad to be the first time, isn't it? :P
>> you are an expert soldering this wires to small test points,
> No, really ,it was my first time soldering on a board :), but I'm a
> great copycat and have see Rafa working for some hours soldering Neos,
> so I have a good teacher.

It was really really good points from your first soldering. I should
learn more from your demonstrations on/for avt2.

>>we need push to  Wolfgang to build it :).

hey hey, pushing always brings unexpected defects. You know that we
still made some mistakes on avt2/SAKC even we both tried to make it
right. Sharism owns few members and limited financial base. Especially
hardware stuff. We all members in this list need to keep a good role
of "Self Quality Control" independently like self-check system. Even
though this, we still needs list help on checks/verifications on
hardware design. H/W is not equivalent to S/W. If porting somethings
wrong in good H/W, nothing to lose. But H/W is not, money is gone.
Surely we'll produce it soon. he he.

> Best way to push him to do so is with a full big bag with black
> painted $ on it, we can help him to have one, promoting Ben and
> improving the software as far as it can go :)
>>Definitely you must work with SAKC :)

I don't realize "a full big with black painted..". Could you
illustrate more about this method? Poor my english.
I'd like to absorb any good idea into avt2 before producing it.
Thanks,
Adam