about Ethereal/Wireshark

Mirko Vogt lists at nanl.de
Sun Apr 11 10:28:31 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 21:29 +0800, HongPeng Tian wrote:
> marc zonzon 写道:
> > Tcpdump is in openwrt, you can capture save in libpcap format and
> > import in wireshark on your desktop.
> >
> > A full wireshark on Ben or light openwrt platform may be quite heavy,
> > and at least require xorg.
> >
> > Marc

> Thanks Marc very much!
> I know that there are many libpcap-based tools in openwrt and some are based on
> ncurses.
>
> I have a S3C2440-based board, which can work with 3.5"/4.3"/7" LCDs,
> and GTK(Glib...) based on DirectFB can work on it, so if an GUI-based capture kit
> can work on it, it will be very COOL to take it anywhere, especially in classroom
> or in Lab.

Wireshark is gtk2-based which can communicate via libX11 and directfb.

libX11 (and it's server Xorg) as well as DirectFB are both ported to
OpenWrt already - the platform itself (s3c24xx) is supported as well by
OpenWrt.

Most (maybe even all) dependencies are in already, too.

So, from my point of view, it shouldn't be a big deal to get wireshark
ported and running.

Cheers

mirko