OpenWRT packages: which version?

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Thu Apr 8 23:59:24 EDT 2010

On 04/08/2010 10:24 PM, Fernando Carello wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm playing with the Ben a bit.
> I'm in the phase of tryin up various apps, just to see how they look like on the Ben.
> Since our "official" firmware integrates only a few apps, I'd like to have a peek at some OpenWRT packages (.ipk): cmdpad, Joe, gnupg just to name a few.
>
> Which version of OpenWRT should I look at?
try:
  http://downloads.openwrt.org/backfire/10.03/xburst/packages/
> Is the 8.09.2 somehow compatible with Ben firmware 2010-03-22?
>
> More generally speaking: is there a relation of some sort between OpenWRT version and Ben firmware version?

we will commit source code (fix bug, add some feature) in openwrt-xburst repos. then it will goto OpenWrt Version.
so the Ben Firmware will newer then the OpenWrt.

another thing is OpenWrt may have some patent program. but Ben Firmware will not.