Just tried the new image ("new image")

Lee Jones slothpuck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:45:18 EDT 2010

I've just been trying the new image, successfully flashed the nanonote. Just
a few quick observations/notes:

1. To get to the applications list in gmenu, use the "q" key. So for example
to run gmu, press 'q', "games" gets highlighted, then q again and one more
time. Use the cursor keys to choose gmu and press "x" to run.

2. I had to drop back to a command line to mount my sd card by pressing
ctrl-alt-f2 (a bit tricky on such a tiny keyboard) and then did "mkdir
/tmp/0" then  "mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /tmp/0" (ta for the info in a previous
post!). I could not find  a key combination to get back to gmenu2x however
(!) so I had to run gmu manually - anyone know how to get "back" to gmenu?

3. Initially the sound output on the nanonote from gmu seemed to be very
quiet, even after turning up the volume to full in alsamixer. I found the
problem here, the volume setting in gmenu affects output too. To change this
press enter in the main gmenu screen and set "global volume" to 100.

4. Is there any way to execute "halt" (to prepare the nanonote for power
down) from gmenu?

ljones