Ben NanoNote Nanowar Edition

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Mon Aug 2 12:46:52 EDT 2010

Dear all devels,

You know I'm not used to push development on any direction, but I need
you help on this. I want to launch in september a NanoNote Nanowar of
Steel TRUE Special Edition[1] and launch it together with the release
of his new album

And I need your help to succeed.
I have agreed with the band I can't reveal any of the artwork or the
new songs until they release the album but after that they will be
under CC licence as his previous albums so it fits in our philosophy

There are tree mains area I need from the help of the community

1)Create a sdcard bootable and that flash the image to NanoNote to
automate a little bit the process.
Wolfgang the last units you send to me are with a uboot able to boot
from sdcard pressing power+M , isn't it?
so having an image that just boots and flash rootfs (and kernel if
there is any significant update) of the lastest image that include the
content and that advice ones finish. this is a must to have the
project viable due flashing using USB will end of a "die by success"
project.

For the generation of the image with the content, I need that the
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Building_Software_Image building method
works without errors, and with all  all latest yummy commits I have
see in those months. Can anybody confirm that using the above
instruction I will end up with an updated image? I have to do anything
else? there is a config file to download anyplace?, I thinkg on
packaging the content, to make able any Nanonote user to costumize his
nanonote using opgk... but expect a big ipk file , I think the biggest
ipkg ever in the Ben NanoNote history and maybe even from OpenWrt
history too :)

2) Have a video player for OpenWrt able to play theora/ogg videos
This is more a commodity than mandatory, I can live with only gmu :)
but having also video ready for the release will be a really an impact
, due our patent free policy the only way is to play Theora/ogg video
so succeed on this should be awesome a surely will impact strongly on
this.

3) Once released make diffusion, in blogs, identica,  and  whatever
media you have in hand
As William Wallace said to his troops in the battle against the
armored battle horses, "wait.... Wait... WAIT...WAAAAIIIIITTTTT" but
be ready with you post, idents, tweets  spears to make diffusion once
the "NOW" order is shouted , on September.

I hope all this madness make any sense to anyone but at least we can
take some fun, the first copyleft album+player launching
Regards

[1]http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote_Nanowar_Edition
--
David Reyes Samblas Martinez