Status of Producing SAKC V2 prototypes

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Thu Aug 5 03:16:18 EDT 2010

Hi,

Here's a quick expression of status to produce SAKC V2. Since the name of
redefining SAKC seems still discuss. So David, just let me still remained
calling "SAKC".

the whole schedule for V2 is to produce 60 pcs and here:
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/SAKC_run_2_schedule

a) Schematic: Since we are to meet UNAL class materials and provide
prototype purpose first in this September, the V2 is still came with can not
use power from DC adapter and USB cable simultanously. So V2 will no DC Jack
mounted on it. Meanwhile the new solutions is undergoing developed by Carlos
team for next V3. Also it's a OrCAD design.

b) Bom check: finished each part meets to either Qi's inventory or
substitution. Those items will undergo changes before the V3 are fabricated.

c) Part Sourcing: there's one column called "Sourcing Status" to indicate
all parts's procurement status. Like ETA-1W stands for the part has been
placed PO and now process and will be arrival within 1week. etc.
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/SAKC_RC2_BOM

d) Gerber out to pcb maker: I'm working on this and let them to quote and
will decide to let which maker to produce. So far now the each pcb of price
is roughly around 6 USD at lot of producing 65pcs. This will be finally
determined next Monday or so and start to make them. So the estimated
arrival date of pcb back is roughly on August 18th.

e) Before real SMT date: smt should be held roughly in August 23th or within
this week. before this, I'll still work on some details about AI file,
Stencil making, etc.

The most important thing is that missing of plan is that: I need a very
simple image with one easy script file can let me reflash V2 while first pcs
mounted, if it works all parts correctly, I'll ask smt maker to mount
remaining 59pcs. So this simple s/w is important. It doesn't need a whole
like official image as BEN. I don't need like it. So,

Carlos,

I do need you give me double "five" hands on this! And we need work at least
3 nights before smt run! :) So I'll provide you a very essential details of
which IO pins voltage I wanted next Monday, for example...led flash, uSD
insert detection( to show led light ), pushing tact switches and led
flash..or even show easy response words pass/fail on screen or logs....then
make a "simple" image with easy script can let me test manufactured V2 pcba.

David,

all of above if I described not well, just directly correct.

I'll keep list posted about status.
--
Best Regards
Adam Wang