forgot something

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sun Aug 8 09:32:36 EDT 2010

sorry forgot to mention:

The developer list has 241 subscribers right now, the discussion list
169. 91 are subscribed to both lists, so after the merger the discussion
list will have 319 subscribers.

Since it's already a while ago since we planned this unification - when
we created the 2nd, new, discussion list, the idea was that discussion
would be for more user-oriented stuff, developer for more technical stuff.
However, that never really worked out and until today we sometimes have
quite technical things on discussion, user-oriented things on developer,
and sometimes people miss important information because they are not
subscribed to both lists.

The people that are using mailing lists nowadays mostly know exactly what
they are doing, in terms of the mailing list functionality, so skipping
a few mails that are outside of the scope of interest is better than
missing entire threads. Write good subject lines! :-)

Wolfgang