discussion Digest, Vol 7, Issue 18

Erwin José Lopez Pulgarin erwinkendo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:04:24 EDT 2010

Weird title for this messages, but ok! I sometimes get hard to reply because
I have the discussion configuration set to Digest, but anyway.

Wow! I'm sold! Where can I buy one? Oh wait, I have one already! :D

Yes, Myself get in that possition some times, thinking (wow!! cool! if
only... wait!!! I got it!!, lets play!! jejej)

That idea about a language-specific configuration is just great for a
university computer science course also, since they tend to be
language-focused. Unfortunately, they tend to be focused on Java in my
school... :(

In my School too.... maybe Java could run with some time, but for
information structures and other C oriented classes, this is great!

It's funny how the Ben is what the OLPT project was hoping to achieve, a
complete computer for under $100. I guess with the right user interface it
would do fine as a learning tool (especially if it could get a brighter
screen and usb host & wifi added cheaply).

Also, I've been thinking about my tutor at uni, he was mad this year because
the school board refused him funding for some Arduinos he wanted to get for
the labs (they got some PS3s instead, for another lab. They ended up just
sitting there which is why he was so mad). I guess I should show him the
Ben, when classes resume this October. The worst that can happen is he'll
throw it at my head, but it's so small it won't hurt :)

I hope you make it! I somehow got the funding of 7 SIE V2 boards for
learning and development from my college (If I got it in my country
,Colombia, you can do it too!!), maybe some other contacts could do the
trick! Anyway, good luck.

--
Gracias

Erwin José López Pulgarín