Free software dogmatism

Hans Bezemer thebeez at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 15 06:46:49 EDT 2010

On Sunday 15 August 2010, jirka wrote:
> I think that the thing are very simple here: it is pretty unsafe for small
> hardware
> company to distribute anything which can be under non-free or "unclear"
> license.
That's absolutely clear to me. As a matter of fact, I recall having
written: "Note that for patent reasons "Gmu" only works with Ogg-Vorbis
files", so I guess this is not a point of discussion. Still, as I pointed out
before, there are circumstances where the issue is much clearer or resolved.

> I understand that non-free software is usefull in some cases. But it will
> be better if
> there will be an independent non-commercial and community-driven
> repository for such software
> (as many non-free software pieces require "non-profit" use).
Agreed again. Still, I feel this won't satisfy all people on this list. But
I'm in.

Hans Bezemer

--
"First make it work, then improve it."