discussion Digest, Vol 7, Issue 42

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Aug 20 00:05:45 EDT 2010

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> I'd say on this mailing list first of all, or in the #qi-hardware IRC
> channel.

There are only about 40 people on the IRC channel, so it works best
for things where the intendend recipient(s) is/are known to hang
out there, things that need a quick reaction or where a limited
audience is enough (e.g., "who wants to test this or that ?"), or
infotainment, stuff that's nice to know but that can be safely
missed.

> Maybe also in the forum?
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/forum

Hmm, that's an odd one. Being disconnected from the list where the
real stuff happens, I'm not sure if it doesn't do more harm than
good. At least not too many people seem to end up there, lost and
confused :-)

> Then your account needs to be added as a member for openwrt-packages, which
> several people can do once they know your account name and that you want
> to be added. I think all admins/staff of a project or the site can do this,
> right now Mirko Vogt, Lars, me, Xiangfu, Werner, Carlos and others.

Hmm, people who happen to have site-wide admin rights don't
necessarily know who should get access to a given project and
who not. The admins of the project should, though ;-)

>> - to make a native toolchain available. Will probably make it easier to port;
>
> Yes I agree. I noticed the ability to build an 'SDK' in the OpenWrt
> system a few times,

An easily installed host toolchain (tarball or such) would be nice
to have, too.