memory bandwidth (was Re: JZ4750 driving large displays?)

Sébastien Bourdeauducq sebastien.bourdeauducq at lekernel.net
Fri Aug 20 07:02:14 EDT 2010

On Friday 20 August 2010 06:25:29 Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Rafa ran the same benchmark on jlime and got about 57 MB/s memset
> bandwidth. That's 150% of my 38 MB/s.

If the Xburst is a standard (no special memory copy/set instructions, no write
buffer, etc.) in-order pipelined processor, memory latencies can drastically
limit the maximum bandwidth it can use. I can't find much information about
the architecture of the Xburst.

> Still a far cry from the
> ~200 MB/s I think the hardware should be capable of, but an
> interesting difference.

How did you compute that estimate?

S.