new image

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:45:37 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 06:50:25PM +0000, Stassa Patsantzis wrote:
> OK, I installed the new image on my SD cards and there's good news and bad news. 
> 
> Good news: I booted from both my SD cards, 2GB and 8GB. Previously I couldn't boot from the 8GB card (I'm not sure about the 2GB), with that "ext2fs_devread() read outside partition sector -1046292800" error.
> 
> I thought that must be the new bootloader that lets me boot from SD, but I tried the old images again, just for the heck of it, and they still don't boot. I tried with a smaller partition (1024 cylinders) and still no luck. 
> 
> Btw, good idea to make the font smaller in the new image :) 
> 
> Bad news: gmenu2x crashed on me several times. That is, it exited to the shell without doing anything after I tried to start explorer and clock, and I think also GMU.
> 
> Unfortunately I can't experiment any more right now because I erased the bootloader from the NAND and then I realised I was in the wrong directory (::dumb::), so I exited usbboot and tried to start it again from the right directory. I managed to short the pins with the bit of rubberised carbon, but I couldn't boot the device with usbboot. Some tries gave me this error:  
> 
> Error - can't retrieve XBurst CPU information: -71
> 
> And others gave me this: 
> 
> Error - can't retrieve XBurst CPU information: -84
> 
> And now I can't even manage to short the pins properly, so next update will probably be in like, 3 years or so. I hate those pins. 
> 
> Where does one go to look for usbboot error codes? I'll have a look at the usbboot sources... do I even know where those are? :mumbles to self:

The pin issue sucks big time, but it usually works after awhile. Personal record is 2hours of attempts :)
You can check this page for some minor info http://jlime.com/wiki/index.php/Installation_nanonote_flashfail

> 
> Stassa. 
> 
> 
> 
>       

> _______________________________________________
> Qi Hardware Discussion List
> Mail to list (members only): discussion at lists.en.qi-hardware.com
> Subscribe or Unsubscribe: http://lists.en.qi-hardware.com/mailman/listinfo/discussion

More information about the discussion mailing list

interactive