How to recover the nanonote from flash?

Uwe Dippel udippel at uniten.edu.my
Wed Aug 25 02:50:41 EDT 2010

On 08/25/2010 01:02 PM, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

> So the state of the USB boot pins (short or not) matters only once very
> briefly after power-on.
> You don't need all sorts of attempts with nails, paper clips, aluminum
> foil and what not. In fact with some of those if you are a little rough
> you may well damage the device physically. There should have been a
> carbonized rubber button included in the box, and that's the one and
> only way to hardware-unbrick any NanoNote, and it will work in close to
> 100% of cases once the steps are right.
>
> So modify the order of your steps a little: Unplug the NanoNote from USB,
> remove the battery, then short the USB boot pins with the carbonized
> rubber button. Hold it firmly in place. Then plug in the USB cable (I
> normally plug in the host side first, then the NanoNote side). The LED
> should briefly come on, fine that shows it is powered.
> After that you can release the USB boot pins and see whether lsusb shows
> the 0x601a:4740 ID (or you keep a 'watch lsusb' running on your host).

Slow down, boys!   ;)

I appreciate very much your efforts here to get me back; it is fantastic
and fast. Thumbs up!
I seem to have achieved the USB-boot by following the sequence as
indicated by Wolfgang.
How I wished I had found that clear description somewhere on the web page!

(The same applies to the Xburst-tools, where almost all links end at a
white page, except those on
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Xburst-tools)

Okay, I have the 0x601a:4740 at 'watch lsusb',and could flash using
$ sudo usbboot -c "boot;nprog 0 openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-u-boot.bin 0 0 -n"
It ended with
"Checking 454656 bytes... no check! End at Page: 111"
Is this correct?
Which others do I need to re-flash to get WRT again?
$ sudo usbboot -c "boot;nprog 1024 openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-uImage 0 0 -n"

root.ubi? uImage.bin? rootfs.tar.gz