Ben and Ethernet

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 31 10:31:20 EDT 2010

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> On the AVT2 you have, are there helpful test points?

I still have to play with it. From what I gathered from the schematics,
the general test point situation in Ben and AVT2 should, apart from
USB, be similar: what is there is easy to use, but a lot of useful
signals are occupied by the keyboard.

If one were to reassign GPIOs, some of the less useful ones could be
assigned to the keyboard and others (SPI, I2C, etc.) could be made
available for experiments. Perhaps there's also a means to get more
signals out of the package (e.g., even just going from Jz4720 to
Jz4740 would make more pins available.)

But I understand that a high degree of compatibility between Ben and
AVT2 is desirable. And the keyboard conflicts aren't so much a problem
for extensions that are purely for R&D.