Ben and Ethernet

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 31 13:12:03 EDT 2010

Rikard Lindstr?m wrote:
> I actualy thought the CPU had SPI too,

The CPU has SPI. Alas, not on the MMC/SD slot, and the keyboard is
sitting on the SPI lines.

> But there is 6 GPIO so if bit banging works one could connect many
> interesting things to it.

Unless you need large data transfers (networking, storage, etc.),
bitbanging is probably just as fast as using dedicated hardware.

> I have started working on a uSD breakout board:
> http://slashhome.se/p/uSD_breakout/

Nice ! I measured the thickness a uSD card: the contact area is
about 0.7 mm, the whole card about 0.8 mm. So a 0.8 mm board
should fit nicely