Ben and Ethernet

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 31 18:01:50 EDT 2010

David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> Werner, is hard to control that SDIO pins?

I don't think so. You can probably even do it directly from user
space, without touching the kernel.

> soldering some
> cables and plug them to a bread board with some resistors and leds and
> make them blink at my will

The SD/MMC pins have a nominal minimum of 4 mA, which means that
they can typically source 10.2 mA at 2.4 V and sink 7.4 mA at 0.4 V,
according to Jz4720_ds.pdf

So this should work just fine. A good LED will be bright and happy
with less than 10 mA.

> BTW if we succeed to make this ethernet thing works , I will study
> seriously to produce some eth-uSD adapters :),

I'd be a bit concerned about mechanical stability if this is to be
used for more than lab use.