Community News 2010-12-01 released
wolfgang at sharism.cc
Wed Dec 1 11:31:32 EST 2010
I suggest to read the news including some pictures and links with your
browser at http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/News
but otherwise here is a short text only summary...
* Qi Hardware was assigned IEEE OUI 10-E2-D5 for use in Ethernet MAC
addresses and elsewhere.
* Qi Hardware USB IDs added to linux-usb.org
* Elphel and Qi Hardware got a page on Wikipedia.
* Xiangfu got xburst-tools (USB booting and flashing XBurst devices)
and fped (parametric footprint editor for KiCad) into Debian/unstable.
--- NanoNote pocket computer
* Werner Almesberger started to work on a 802.15.4 microSD RF board
around Atmel AT86RF230, for use with the Ben and other devices. The
goal is to make it work out of the box as a 6LoWPAN device. PCB
antenna is being developed 'in-house' at Werner's apartment. Stay tuned.
* Kristian Paul convinced the Universidad del Valle located in Buga,
Colombia to support the development of his free GPS stack with access
to a 150 MHz scope.
--- Milkymist One interactive VJ station
* roh made a wooden case for Milkymist One at the Raumfahrtagentur
Hackerspace in Berlin. The process was QCad to DXF to RABBIT 40B
--- Xué digital camera
* The Xué project has chosen the MT9M033C12STC Aptina CMOS censor,
and Sharism made a firm order of 30 pieces of that sensor. Now we
only need to review everything properly, and spend more time on
the KiCad process: KiCad to PCB, KiCad to components shopping list
(boom), KiCad to SMT.
* Andrés Calderón has issued a call for reviewers.
That's it, many small bits and pieces falling into place, what a
wonderful community to be part of.
More information about the discussion