/dev/rtc not found

Otmar Struwe otmar.struwe at web.de
Wed Dec 1 16:55:43 EST 2010

I had the same problem. The realtime clock is /dev/rtc0.

My Solution:
     # date -s "2010-11-07 10:50:30"
     # ln -s /dev/rtc0 /dev/rtc
     # hwclock -w --localtime

this will set the HW clock

The most obvious solutions does not work:

# hwclock -w --localtime --rtc=/dev/rtc0
         hwclock: open() of /dev/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or
directory.