Powering/charging issues

Rubén Berenguel ruben at mostlymaths.net
Thu Dec 2 07:00:50 EST 2010

Hi Xiangfu,

I'm running the latest kernel, and I have the same numbers. I found
the problem: In Debian, I had blank-screen-time 30 minutes. That meant
a lot of power outage... I changed it (setterm -blank 1) to 1 minute
and now the battery life is far, far better.

Also, from my tests the nano is "alive" until around voltage 3200000
(far below the min-design of 3600000) and dies a horrible death (my
screen turned full white, with no button working and removing the
battery not helping, I needed to plug it to USB) at around
3150000-310000.

As I said, I have a script monitoring battery levels (capacity and
voltage) and will keep it running for a while: not only logs the
values (which can be useful in the long run), but also sends halt to
the system if the battery is too low, to keep the ubifs from becoming
corrupt. Of course, I have mounted the sdcard with swap (as I have
usually) it may damage the card, but I can take the risk (or I can
write a better script disabling swap and unmounting it).

Cheers,

Ruben