New Ben Nanonote Case (Castle)

Allin Kahrl qbject at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:39:20 EST 2010

Carlos-

Where do you draw the line between "hardware" and the designs that
Jane's contributes? If I braid a wrist lanyard for my BNN which
includes a means of stowing a ben-wpan device when it's not in use and
I post to this list about it, does that qualify? What if someone
modifies my design to be just a lanyard and responds to my message
with their modifications?

I really appreciate the designs that Jane shares. She is helping us to
overcome one of the most difficult cultural hurdles we face in
convincing the broader world to embrace open hardware and software:
the overwhelming opinion out there that one needs closed-source tools
to do creative work. The revelation that Canonical doesn't use their
own OS for design work[1] has not done us any favors in this regard.

[allin]

[1] http://jordanopensource.org/freeplanet/article/new-ubuntu-design-created-apple-mac