New Ben Nanonote Case (Castle)

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:27:22 EST 2010

Hi

I just explain my point, I miss the developer list, I don't like to read
this kind of mails, if you want to talk about fashion, or politics is good,
but I just want a list for developers.In the past I've made a lot of
technical posts and nobody reply my mails (maybe Sebastien, Werner or Adam),
I feel that this list is for SW people and for users, but not for hardware
people.

Maybe this is my last email because of that, I'm join this list looking for
hw developers, but, I prefer write to Sebastien, Adam, or Werner directly.

Carlos

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM, James "Xakh" Lynch
<superstuff7 at gmail.com>wrote:

> That last bit really saddens me. As a digital artist that uses only floss
> tools for his work, I really wish a company that has so much influence over
> what the public sees when they look at us.
>
> That said. Jane, your designs are amazing, and I would love one as soon as
> I scrounge up the money!
>
> On Dec 6, 2010 10:39 AM, "Allin Kahrl" <qbject at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Carlos-
>
> Where do you draw the line between "hardware" and the designs that
> Jane's contributes? If I braid a wrist lanyard for my BNN which
> includes a means of stowing a ben-wpan device when it's not in use and
> I post to this list about it, does that qualify? What if someone
> modifies my design to be just a lanyard and responds to my message
> with their modifications?
>
> I really appreciate the designs that Jane shares. She is helping us to
> overcome one of the most difficult cultural hurdles we face in
> convincing the broader world to embrace open hardware and software:
> the overwhelming opinion out there that one needs closed-source tools
> to do creative work. The revelation that Canonical doesn't use their
> own OS for design work[1] has not done us any favors in this regard.
>
> [allin]
>
> [1]
> http://jordanopensource.org/freeplanet/article/new-ubuntu-design-created-apple-mac
>

> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Carlos Camargo <cicamargoba at gmail.com>