SIE not part of QI?[was Re: New Ben Nanonote Case (Castle)]

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Tue Dec 7 11:28:52 EST 2010

2010/12/7 Carlos Camargo <cicamargoba at gmail.com>:
> Hi Werner
>
>> SIE news in general ! As I understand it, there's been a small army
>> of students working with these for the last months. This must have
>> produced something interesting, be the discovery of exciting design
>> problems, clever solutions to problems, or even ideas for new uses.
>>

> Unfortunately, SIE is not a QI project,
What those it means? You auto exclude yourself from qi community?
> I mean, is a side project, so, only
> my students and me are working on it, we are using  BEN's  software and
> small programs to provide functionality to FPGA, I2C port, etc.
Why this means you are not part of qi-hardware? Werners is also
working by himsel of the ben-wpan stuff, Andres on Xué, Sebastien on
Milkymist, Wolfgang finding providers , doing tests, and trying to
glue it all a bit, me trying to sell and finding costumers interested
in this Hardware and this way on doing things, and a lot more
individual efforts some with more participation than others but the
most by initiative of one person, please eleborate this concept of I'm
out of Qi Hardware due I'm a bit lost.

> Right now, SIE is full functional, there is a small issue with the power
> supply, from my point of view is not a big deal,
Does that mean there was no effort done on the V3 version yet? If both
are true I will have to talk about the possible buyers(one of them I
have already present to you) to reduce his expectatives :(