SIE not part of QI?[was Re: New Ben Nanonote Case (Castle)]

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 12:07:15 EST 2010

> > Unfortunately, SIE is not a QI project,
> What those it means? You auto exclude yourself from qi community?

Is the reality, Ask Wolfgang about that, he don't work on SIE SW, he was
very clear with me, he don't provide SW people for this project, he help us
with the manufacturing, but no more, If you see, there isn't a SW project to
port SIE to u-boot or kernel, We've submitted some patch supporting SIE but
not was included in the official distribution.

Yes, we've made a lot of contributions, a lot of hours working on HW
development, but with SIE I'm alone, nobody (except Werner, Adam, Sebastien)
reply my posts, firstly because there are a lot of SW people, we need more
HW developers, if not we need to change the name to QI-Software.

I've never said that I'm out of QI - hardware, these are your words, The
first contributions in this project was made by me, the first Nanos saled
was to Colombia. I'm bored because we need hardware developers, we just have
5 developers,  2 in Colombia, Werner, Sebastien and Adam, how can we call
our project qi-hardware with just 5 hw developers?? I want high level
developers like Werner and Sebastien, I like to read werner posts, Adam
posts, Sebastien posts, but I hate to read fashion posts, sorry but I don't
join QI hardware for talk about fashion. Here in Colombia there are a lot of
mailing list where the people just talk, talk, talk, if we want to make a
difference we need stronger hardware developers. Because of that I don't
like the current mailing list, I join the developer list no the current
list, I want to talk about electronic HW/SW development, no about fashion. I
make a lt of posts asking for I2C drivers, and never replies this mails,
why??? In the past when I was designing SAKC I've made a lot of posts but,
never reply. Of course if you want a mailing list for talk about fashion is
good, but I don't join this list I subscribe the developer list.

> supply, from my point of view is not a big deal,
> Does that mean there was no effort done on the V3 version yet? If both
> are true I will have to talk about the possible buyers(one of them I
> have already present to you) to reduce his expectatives :(

You present one buyer to me? you write one mail to me in two months, I've
replied this mail two weeks ago and you never reply it, I don't know what
are you doing, you don't see the project files, if you download the SIE
project you can see the changes on V3. The HW need more than one laptop to
develop, you need to build boards, buy components, etc, only Wolfgang
provide components to this project, you can't ask for V3 development if you
don't reply my mails.

My students write a lot of interesting pages about their projects, but
Wolfgang think that are useless, he told to me that. So i don't make any
posts about that because of that. I feel that the people is motivated for a
wood case, crochet case, but think that the academic work is useless.
Because of that I don't like to make posts.

I'm working very hard building a concept of copyleft hardware with my
students, SIE is a very powerful platform for that, I like teh SW prject
behind BEN, but I feel that this project is for SW guys. If we don't promote
the hardware projects QI-hardware will convert in to QI-SOFTWARE. 5 HW
developers is not enough.

Carlos

> My student's projects are:
> >

> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/2010-II/es/Digital2_2010_PaInTES
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/2010-II/es/2010Digital2
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Snake
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/2010-II/es/Pedal_de_Efectos
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Piano_Digital
> >
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Analizador_de_Redes_AC
> >
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Modulo_de_Operaciones_de_Coma_Flotante_(Plasma)<http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Modulo_de_Operaciones_de_Coma_Flotante_%28Plasma%29>
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Teclado
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Teclado_Capacitivo
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Control_de_protocolo_JTAG_usando_URJTAG
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Plataforma_Rob%C3%B3tica
> >
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Control_Inal%C3%A1mbrico_de_Iluminaci%C3%B3n_(RF)<http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Control_Inal%C3%A1mbrico_de_Iluminaci%C3%B3n_%28RF%29>
> >
> > Best Regards
> >

> > Carlos
> >

> > Cristian where is the project page, where is the code? source files?
> > contributions?  Talk is easy.
> >
> > Carlos
> >

> > --
> > Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
> > Profesor Asistente
> > Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica
> > Universidad Nacional de Colombia
> > cicamargoba at unal.edu.co

> --
> David Reyes Samblas Martinez