SIE not part of QI?[was Re: New Ben Nanonote Case (Castle)]

Sébastien Bourdeauducq sebastien.bourdeauducq at lekernel.net
Wed Dec 8 05:26:47 EST 2010

On Tuesday 07 December 2010 17:28:52 David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> > http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Modulo_de_Operaciones_de_Coma_Flotante_(Pl
> > asma)

He, why didn't you work on a FPU for LM32 (or anything equally good) instead
of the average Opencores CPU? You'd have got support from me and maybe other
Milkymist developers...

roh wrote:
> also.. mechanical engineering is also something we need to learn,
> understand and 'know how to do' to get the whole 'toolchain' from idea
> to 'device' rolling. hw isnt just pcbs. its a pcb. its a case, its sw to
> make it useful in the end.

Absolutely, just look at Apple products. They're all about software and
design; the electronics inside is just normal, industry-standard electronics
(the A4 chip is just commercial fuss, it's an ordinary ARM SoC). If you're not
interested in 'fashion' threads, just don't read them. But I don't think they
are as unimportant as you believe they are.

S.