Mounting the nand root file system partition when running from micro SD

Delbert Franz ddf at sonic.net
Wed Dec 8 20:25:33 EST 2010

I want to be able to update selected items on my NAND rootfs partition
and todto that it is convenient to boot to the micro SD card, then
mount the NAND partition.  However, looking at the instructions to
mount the NAND data partition, does not give me enough information to
mount the rootfs partition.  Here is how I mounted the data partition
in the past:

ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 3
mount -t ubifs ubi1;data /data

I have not tried it on my new image because the rootfs on the NAND is
now larger.  Would be nice to have the revised instructions to format
the data partition and mount it under the new partition sizing.

I assume something similar is needed to mount the rootfs.  But the
value of the -m flag for ubiattach is unclear when refering to the
rootfs partition on the NAND.  Also the "name" of the partition and
its mount point, when not running from it are unclear.

Hopefully it can be done.  Thanks.

                        Delbert