3d power of Ben?

Andrés Calderón andres.calderon at emqbit.com
Thu Dec 9 10:21:37 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Sergey Kvachonok <ravenexp at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I even did not look at those MXU instructions in those sources, do they
> can very
> > well be blobs. So that mplayer uses or does not use that famous 'awk
> script'?
> > Or the 'awk script' is only made to properly parse the blobs?
>
> MXU in the sources is fine, it is documented somewhat and can be built
> using their tools.
>
> I've checked the mplayer sources again, there actually are sources for
> h264, xvid and vc1 plugins.
> Those live in jzcodecs dir while precompiled .so files are in jzsoc
> dir. Apparently compiled binaries are provided to make it buildable
> with standard toolchain without this awk script. I've misunderstood
> this placement, sorry about that.
>
> On  the other hand these codecs seem to be jz4750+ only, because they
> make use of some acceleration hardware not present on jz4740 at all...

The NN use the Jz4720, see de DataSheet (Sec. 1.2.1 CPU core, pag 8):
http://www.amebasystems.com/downloads/hardware/datasheets/ben-nanonote/Ingenic-SOC-JZ4720/SOC-U1-Jz4720_ds.pdf

The Jz4720 have Xburst SIMD instruction set to support multimedia
acceleration.

Sadly, those instructions are not documented but the mplayer modified by
Ingenic  works very well (thanks to HW SIMD acceleration).

Regards,

    Andrés Calderón
    Cel:     +57 (300) 275 3666
    Email: andres.calderon at emqbit.com