nanonote google statistics :)

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sat Dec 11 10:08:27 EST 2010

> http://www.google.com/trends?q=nanonote&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
> hey at least we generate enough volume to appear , not bad :)

> a pity I thing at leas in japan they search for this,

> http://www.emuparadise.org/playonline/GB/Nanonote_%28Japan%29/sound/34587
> instead of our litle machine

Hmm, if I search on google in the japanese region, for pages in japanese
language, almost all the links on the first result page refer to the
nanonote:

 https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=nanonote&hl=en&num=10&lr=lang_ja&ft=i&cr=countryJP&safe=images&tbs=

> I don't understand Japanese but seems some kind of PIM bundle for
> Nintendo Game Boy , well it can give us some ideas on how to implement
> a pim in a small screen :P Any one knowing japanese can confirm?

Not as far as I can see.  Can you post a link?  Google trends won't
display any links for the japanese region "not enough search volume to
show graphs".

BTW checking google I just stumbled into a very interesting japanese
blog entry about the nanonote:

 http://www.banwanko.net/blog/archives/737

Some excerpts, freely translated (warning: my japanese sucks):

   "From the picture it wasn't obvious, but that thing is really so small,
   I was surprised. [..]

   The problem is, what can one use it for?  Although there is a Linux
   on it, it cannot easily connect to the web.  The keyboard is hard to
   type on.  Also it'd be a nuisance to properly set the system up (it's
   a mess).

   When I saw the low price, I orderey two of them.  Now I didn't even
   unwrap the second one."

cheers,

David