pim for nanonote

mark adrian bell m487396 at rocketmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:39:21 EST 2010

I have never heard of running J-Pilot in a terminal - how do you do it?

Personally, I use HNB for my PIM on the NN. It's easy to heirachically store my contacts, notes and todo lists, and by running a command like  'insert_cal 3 2003' I can insert a monthly calendar. More info on HNB here:

http://hnb.sourceforge.net/About/

Recently I read about the command line task organizer, TaskWarrior. This is way more than I will ever need, but for people who need almost a complete project management system on the command line, this is a pretty impressive solution. The project website is here:

http://taskwarrior.org/projects/show/taskwarrior/

There's a wonderful tutorial on utube starting here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-abs0s8uis

For people who want a slightly less detailed task manager on the command line, you might try the Python based Ikog:

http://www.henspace.co.uk/ikog/

Best wishes,

- mark adrian bell

My mobile: 0406 635 312