OpenWrt Image Release: 2010-12-14

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Wed Dec 15 14:25:55 EST 2010

> Hi All * we have upload the new OpenWrt Image Release [1].  A more
> verbose changelog is available at wiki[2].

Hi Xingfu,

great update.  Nice to finally be able to see via gmenu2x what programs
are available.

One new "feature" that I don't like: gmenu2x is now automatically
respawned.  If I log into the nanonote and issue "killall -9 gmenu2x",
it will be restarted.  However, the restarted gmenu2x is not functional.
I can't even use Ctrl+F2 to change back to a console after killing
gmenu2x.

I really want to be able to kill gmenu2x so that I can run software that
needs more RAM.  Top shows gmenu2x to use 6 MB of RAM.  Also gmenu2x
constantly uses CPU cycles.

cheers,

David