OpenWrt Image Release: 2010-12-14

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Wed Dec 15 22:05:21 EST 2010

Hi David

On 12/16/2010 03:25 AM, David Kuehling wrote:

>> Hi All * we have upload the new OpenWrt Image Release [1].  A more
>> verbose changelog is available at wiki[2].
>
> Hi Xingfu,
>
> great update.  Nice to finally be able to see via gmenu2x what programs
> are available.
>
> One new "feature" that I don't like: gmenu2x is now automatically
> respawned.  If I log into the nanonote and issue "killall -9 gmenu2x",
> it will be restarted.  However, the restarted gmenu2x is not functional.
> I can't even use Ctrl+F2 to change back to a console after killing
> gmenu2x.

I modify the gmenu2x to respawned just for end users and make the "GUI" env in nanonote
more stable.

> I really want to be able to kill gmenu2x so that I can run software that
> needs more RAM.  Top shows gmenu2x to use 6 MB of RAM.  Also gmenu2x
> constantly uses CPU cycles.

for those people don't like the 'gmenu2x' can disable it by run one program in gmenu2x.
  like 'ash', it's will exit 'gmenu2x' goto 'ash', then we can switch to Ctrl + Alt + F2.

another option disable it in /etc/inittab :).
 http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Disable_Gmenu2x_autostart

> cheers,
>
> David

Best Regards