OpenWrt Image Release: 2010-12-14

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Wed Dec 15 22:08:25 EST 2010

On 12/16/2010 08:56 AM, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
>> I really want to be able to kill gmenu2x so that I can run software that
>> needs more RAM.  Top shows gmenu2x to use 6 MB of RAM.  Also gmenu2x
>> constantly uses CPU cycles.
>
> That's exactly what I thought. Respawn is not good, and 6 MB is too
> much. I still hope we can find a launcher one day that uses 100 KB :-)
>
> What is the advantage of respawning?

for making the terminal apps works. when it start in /etc/rc.d/, the gmenu2x
not attach any tty, the default 0 1 2 is always /dev/null.

we can disable it by http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Disable_Gmenu2x_autostart
or just simply run "ash(default)" or "bash",
what even one program: 1. don't exit, 2. eat less memory, 3. eat less cpu.

> Wolfgang

Best Regards
Xiangfu
-- Qi RSS feed, http://en.qi-hardware.com/feed/rss20.xml --