OpenWrt Image Release: 2010-12-14

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Fri Dec 17 11:59:44 EST 2010

>> M-x dired "apply: Doing vfork: Cannot allocate memory"

> Maybe really not enough memory?  The latest package version needs less
> memory.  Does it help? :

>  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/~spock/openwrt/

Ok, checked that.  Using the newer packages from the link above solves
the vfork problem with 'dired'.  However, then you'll hit a problem with
the busybox /bin/ls installed on the Nanonote.  To fix that second
problem, add the following line to site-start.el or .emacs :

 (setq dired-use-ls-dired nil)

Now dired works for me.  Going to add the fix to the emacs package.

Thanks for reporting.

cheers,

David