Making feeds.conf refer to fixed revisions (was: Re: config.full_system compilation fails)

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Mon Dec 20 16:30:23 EST 2010

> On 12/16/2010 06:31 AM, David Kuehling wrote:
>> That patch does not seem to work for me.  Compilation still fails at
>> package gettext :( :

> this is because upstream make two different package about libiconv,
> libiconv, and libiconv-full which libiconv is just a Stub header. so a
> lot of package may fail to compile we need think about what we should
> do on this change?

> talk about build, check this file:
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/NanoNote/Ben/2010-12-14/VERSIONS
> we can checkout the package to this revision. then ./scripts/feeds
> update -a -i (update the index)

I think we should really modify the default feeds.conf provided with
openwrt-packages.git to explicitely list known-good revisions only, such
as:

src-svn packages svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/packages@24563

This way we're sure that everybody working with openwrt-xburst is going
to build the same packages resulting in the same image.

Then upgrading to newer openwrt upstream packages is done centrally
(e.g. by you), _after_ checking that the new upstream revision actually
works.  This way people like me who don't have the time and cpu
resources to test-build config.full_system won't complain all the time
:)

For qi-packages.git I think we can still leave everything as it is,
since these packages are somewhat under our control.

cheers,

David